Is to provide training to individuals that lead to initial employment and successful performance in the line worker profession.
In order to achieve this mission ELTI will seek:
- to provide each student with a basic knowledge of the current electrical power system and standard work practices, rules and regulations.
- to educate students on how to be safe, competent and efficient while working.
- to educate students on safe procedures when working on energized and deenergized lines.
- to provide students with knowledge and training in power distribution, transmission and substation systems.
- to assist students with an understanding of employment opportunities and methods of seeking gainful employment in the lineman field.